chocolate puddle pudding
Member recipe by emmaporter10
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g vanilla sugar (or 200g caster sugar and a few drops vanilla essence)
- 30 g salted butter
- 75 g dark chocolate (use something with a high proportion of cocoa solids)
- 150 ml milk
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 500 ml hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180Â° C (350Â° F).
- Measure the flour and vanilla sugar into a large mixing bowl with two tablespoons of the cocoa powder and the baking powder. Melt the butter and chocolate together, and when melted, add them to the bowl with the milk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is well blended, and spread the mixture (which should be a thick paste) into the bottom of a baking dish. (I used a 20Ã30 cm dish.)
- Mix the soft brown sugar with the remaining four tablespoons of cocoa, and sprinkle them over the top of the sponge mixture.
- Pour over the hot water (this should be hot from the kettle but not boiling) and put in the oven for 45 minutes. The sponge pudding will rise through the puddle of chocolate sauce.