Chicken in white sauce
Member recipe by clairedoodledooley
- 200g cooked chicken
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20g (1 tblsp) Margarine
- 15g (1 tblsp) Plain flour
- 1/2 Mustard powder
- 300g rice
- 60g mushrooms
- 30g peas
- 30g sweetcorn
- Cook the rice for 10-15 mintutes in boiling water.
- After the rice in cooked drain the rice with a colander and leave the rice to one side.
- Get a saucepan and place the margarine, mustard powder, flour, milk and seasoning, stir with a balloon whisk.
- Keep stirring until the sauce thickens, when the sauce is thick you can add the cooked chicken, mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn.
- Continue stirring for a few mintutes then remove from heat and place on top of rice.
- You may want to add salad, herbs, or extra seasoning ontop.