Apple, plum and Almond Crumble
Member recipe by tracinda
Apples and plums baked with spices and almond liquer, under an oaty crumble topping, sprinked with toasted almonds. An autumnal treat!
- For the fruit:
- 4 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced about 2cm thick
- 8 large plums, de-stoned and sliced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp each nutmeg and cinnamon, or 1tsp mixed spice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A glug of amaretto, to taste or 1 tsp almond extract
- For the crumble topping:
- 200g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 75g oats
- 25g flaked almonds
- Put the fruit in a large pan with the sugar, spices, lemon zest and amaretto, or 1 tbsp of water and almond extract if not using the liquer. Mix well, and cook on a med heat until the apples are just about cooked through, stirring occasionally, for about 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 7. For the crumble topping, mix together the sugar, flour and butter until combined. You may find it easiest to rub mixture together with clean hands. Stir in the oats.
- Put the fruit in a suitably sized ovenproof pudding dish, casserole etc. Arrange the crumble over the fruit, and sprinkle the almonds over.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 mins, or until browned to your liking. Serve warm, with custard, vanilla ice cream or cream.