Ciaran's Chicken and Pasta
Member recipe by mmulholl
- olive oil 3/4 tbsp
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 a courgette
- 1 mushroom
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato puree
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 250g dried penne pasta
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Add the olive oil to a deep frying pan. Fry the onion and garlic at a medium heat. Let them soften but not colour.
- Wash the chicken breast and dice into bite sized pieces and add it to the onion and garlic. Let the chicken brown.
- Finely chop the courgette, pepper and mushroom and add them to the pan. Let them soften. Add the tinned chopped tomatoes, puree and basil. Let everything simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a different pan cook the pasta in boiling water for 12 minutes and drain. (Tip: add a glug of olive oil to the water to stop the pasta from sticking together.)
- When the pasta and chicken and vegetable are done, add the pasta to the frying pan and mix thoroughly. Serve in dishes with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.