Creamy Pasta Dish
Member recipe by ameliabickford
A delicious pasta dish including carbohydrate, protein and vegetables. Just like carbonara!
- Penne Pasta 140g
- Mushrooms 50g
- Small Broccoli heads 1 handfull
- Onion 1 small
- Thick Cooked Ham 2 1/2 slices
- Semi-skimmed Milk 250ml
- Margarine 20g (1 tbsp)
- Plain Flour 15g
- Mustard Powder 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 2tsp
- Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas mark 5
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until 'al dente' (soft). Whilst this is cooking, chop the mushrooms and broccoli ready to add later. Also chop the onion and set aside.
- Once the broccoli and mushrroms are chopped, add them to the saucepan and leave to soften a bit more. When this is done, drain the mixture then set aside in the large bowl.
- Now fry the onion with the vegetable oil at the bottom of the saucepan. Do this for about 3/5 until cooked - they shouldn't be brown. Then add them to the mixture in the bowl and stir around so it can mix in.
- Measure out the sauce ingredients, then place in the small bowl. Tip all of this into the, now empty, saucepan and stir well with the whisk on a low heat.
- Stir all the time until the sauce thickens . Keep stirring until the sauce has a smooth consistency and is free from lumps.
- Put the sauce in the bowl with the pasta, then stir until the sauce covers the mixture.
- Tear the ham into small, thin shreds and sprinkle into the mixture. Stir in and add any seasoning: salt & pepper.
- Place the mixture into an oven-proof dish and cook for 10 minutes. Enjoy!