Member recipe by follygalore
Quick, uncomplicated and endless variation possible. The easiest recipe on the whole website!
- I came up with this as a student, having nothing more than a microwave and two boiling rings to execute my cooking experiments on. But anyone will like this easy and cheap recipe. Enjoy!
- Microwave oven with built-in grill (or traditional oven)
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 200g seitan or other veggie mince (carnivores: mined meat will work as well)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cubed and seasoned with salt/pepper (available in tins of 400g)
- 250g or 2 balls of mozzarella or mozzarella-style vegan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- You can leave out or add vegs, cheese and herbs to your taste. Try variations with mushrooms, peppers, olives or aubergines.
- First fry up the mince, seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking. As said, all kinds of mince will work and it can be left out as well.
- When ready, remove the mince from the cooker and mix with the tomatoes. Season well with basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Now cut the ciabatta loaf open lengthways and in half (or fourth, depending on how long your loaf is). Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Spread the tomato-mince mixture on the oiled ciabatta. Top with sliced mozzarella.
- Pop your pizza baguettes in the oven. In the microwave: give them 5 minutes at 800W, then grill for about 2 minutes. Keep a close eye on the cheese and intervene when it turns brown! In a traditional oven: bake as you would a pizza and again check regularly. Enjoy!