Simple Homemade Mayonnaise
Member recipe by bronwenmclaren
Only a few ingredients, only 15 mins prep time, add garlic during preparation to turn it into aioli.
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml light olive oil
- Good squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Sit a large bowl on a cloth to stop it moving. Put the egg yolks into the bowl with the Dijon mustard and a little seasoning and whisk well until smooth.
- Gradually add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking all the time. You should have a smooth, quite thick mayonnaise that stands in peaks.
- Add lemon juice to taste and briefly whisk.
- If it's too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water to give a good consistency.