Halloween Cobweb Brownies
Member recipe by sugarandglutenfree
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Brownies
Delicious gluten and sugar-free brownies filled with cream cheese frosting perfect for your Halloween festivities.
- For the brownies
- 1/4 cup (56 g.) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g.) grapeseed oil
- 3 ounces (86 g.) unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (117 g.) palm sugar
- 2 large (105 g.) eggs
- 1 tablespoon (12 g.) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon instant decaf coffee
- 2/3 cup (61 g.) Pamela Baking and Pancake Mix
- For the icing
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of my Basic Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare two 8 inch pans with oil.
- Put butter, oil, and chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is melted
- Mix together palm sugar, eggs, vanilla, and instant decaf.
- Once chocolate has cooled slightly, stir egg mix into chocolate. Sift Pamela Baking & Pancake Mix on top of chocolate mix. Dump any of the flour mix left in the sifter into the bowl.
- Fold into chocolate mix. Turn into the prepared pan, spread evenly, and tap a few times on the counter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until brownies are set in the middle. Brownies are fudgier when slightly underbaked.
- Beat together cream cheese and agave until smooth. Add egg yolk, flour, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Put into a piping bag fitted with a round tip (I used a number eight) and pipe desired design.
- If you do not have a piping bag, put the cream cheese into a ziploc bag and cut a hole in the corner a little smaller than the diameter of a pencil.
- To make a cobweb pattern:
- Squeeze a glob of cream cheese in the middle of the brownies. Make 3 concentric circles around the glob, each one bigger than the previous one. Using a butter knife, start at the inner glob and drag it out to the edge to make the first spoke of the web. Wipe your knife. Make the next spoke but this time, start at the outside and drag your knife inward. Repeat until you have made spokes all the way around the web. Now, pipe lines of cream cheese on the spokes you drew with your knife to complete the web.