Member recipe by rubberman
pork and chicken in jalfrezi sauce, bbq'd and served in pita with lime
- 500 kg pork loin (boneless)
- 500 kg diced chicken (skinless)
- 200 g Jalfrezi sauce
- 1 Lime or lemon
- 2 Pita breads (large)
- 1 tsp Cayen pepper
- 1 tsp dried pepper seeds
- Side salad:
- Salad vegitables of choice
- Cucumber and red peppers suggested
- Take the pork loin and cut into 5 cm strips or 4 cm cubes. Remove as much fat as possible from the chicken and place in a large deep oven dish.
- Cover the contents with water and stir in the Jalfrezi sauce, cayen pepper and pepper seeds ensuring an even mix and leave for as long as possible to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/ gas mark 5
- Thread the meat onto skewers pork/ chicken/ pork/ chicken etc and place skewers accross the oven dish so that any juices from the meats drip into the sauce while cooking. Place the entire dish in the top of the oven and cook until the meat is done (around 45 minutes depending on the oven/ size of the cubes)
- Remove from the oven and place the meat on a plate or prepared surface. Place the pita breads in the oven for around 2 minutes to warm through. Take the cornflour and add into the sauce a little at a time until you get a nice consistency
- Make pockets in the pita breads and slide the meat into them from the skewers.
- Pour some sauce onto the meat and serve with whatever salad you like.
- Dont forget to include a few slices of lemon or lime. I serve also with a cool cucumber and mint sauce