Healthy French Toast
Member recipe by itaferrer
- 2 slices Wholemeal bread
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 packets sugar subsitute
- Plop fresh berries in a pan and add 2 packets sugar substitute. Heat until it turns to liquid and cook for a 3-5 min minutes, you can rupture the berries with a fork easily to make it more saucy.
- Beat 2 egg whites with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, until well blended
- Brush a griddle with rapeseed oil and heat to medium
- Soak bread in mixture, trying to get all liquid. Place bread on griddle and pour excess mixture onto each slice.
- Grill on both sides until set
- Cut slices in half and arrange on plate, spread compote on top and serve.