Member recipe by emmafrancisread
A very quick, healthy, simple and cheap recipe, passed down to me by my Italian mother inlaw, loved by all the family.
- 1 tin mushy peas (chip shop brand is best)
- slosh of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 or 3 rashers of bacon
- a couple of chicken or veg stock cubes
- a hand full of frozen peas
- half a packet of pasta
- In a deep frying pan or source pan, fry onion in a slosh of olive oil until soft.
- Add chopped bacon, and cook until done.
- Add tin of mushy peas, and half fill the pan with your made up stock. Will stick so stir, bring to boil.
- Add hand full of frozen peas. At this stage you can put it aside till dinnertime or continue....
- Add your pasta to your pea/stock liquid, cook till pasta is done. Serve with parmesan, enjoy.