Bren's fish pie
Member recipe by cocoonbarbie
- 1 pack cooked King/Jumbo prawns [Sainsbury's are good]
- 1 pack smoked haddock fillets
- Green veg such as asparagus or brocolli lightly steamed.
- 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs halved
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely chopped carrot
- 1 tub of good quality cheese sauce [I usually use S'bury's]
- 1 tsp English mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Topping : Breadcrumbs made from half a ciabatta or other bread such as tomato / olive
- About 4 spring onions
- Small piece of parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven 180C. Cook haddock - see instructions on pack. I usually simmer mine, then flake into shallow dish along with prawns.
- Gently saute onions and carrots for about 10 mins. Add cheese sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper, chopped parsley and then lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Make topping by whizzing the bread, chopped spring onions and finely chopped parmesan together.
- Add veg to fish, pour over sauce and mix gently. Place eggs on top. Spoon breadcrumb topping over.
- Bake in middle of oven for about 30mins. Pop under the grill to brown if needed.