Spinach & Cheese Mushrooms
Member recipe by deb_ellacott
ServingsServes 1 - 4
- 4 large flat field mushrooms / portabello mushrooms
- 4 tsp pesto
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp gran padano, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp blanched, chopped spinach - squeezed of excess water
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200c/180C/gas 6. Wipe mushrooms clean, remove stalks & reserve. Place mushrooms on an oiled baking sheet.
- Chop mushroom stalks and place in a bowl along with creme fraiche, cheese, spinach & seasoning to taste
- Place a teaspoon of pesto in the centre of each mushroom and then divide the creme fraiche mixture between the mushrooms.
- Put a sprinkling of cheese on each mushroom & season with freshly ground black pepper
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins, until mushrooms are soft & cheese has turned golden.
- Serve as an accompaniment, or a starter on bed of rocket/watercress.