Cheesy Potato Bake
Member recipe by canzona
- 750g Maris Piper potatoes
- 400ml creme fraiche
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 75g Mature Swiss Gruyere, grated
- Preheat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Peel the potatoes, slice thinly, rinse under cold water.
- Choose a pan large enough for all of the ingredients, then add the creme fraiche, bay leaf, pinch of salt, ground pepper and nutmeg. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the drained potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Rub the base and sides of a large gratin dish with the garlic before adding the potato mixture, then smoothing the surface.
- Finally add the Gruyere and bake for about 1 hour. Check that the potatoes are cooked through then serve hot.