Pete's fridge Fritters
Member recipe by petexy
great midweek meal quick , adapts to what's in the fridge, and the kids love it with a bit of ketchup!
- 1 cup self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 20g (3/4 oz) butter, melted [about1 1/2 tablespoons]
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 fl oz) milk
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 75 g (2 2/3 oz) ham,1 or 2 slices will do, torn
- 1 zucchini (courgette), cut into long, thin strips or small cubes
- Two small potatoes diced small
- 2 or three mushrooms
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Place the flour eggs, butter, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- fry the potatoes for a few minuits to sofen thzm a bit Fold through the ricotta, basil, ham and zucchini, spuds,sliced mushrooms. Place two tablespoon of the oil in a small frying pan and heat over medium heat
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until bubbles appear on the surface. Set aside.
- Add another two tablespoons of the oil and repeat with the remaining batter. Cut into wedges to serve. Serves [at least] 2.