Indian Butternut Squash Soup
Member recipe by caralinec
Easy, tasty soup that is as happy as a family dish as it is smartened up for entertaining!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled but left whole
- 2 stock cubes, chicken or vegetable
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 tsp Patak's Korma Paste (more if wished)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 142ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into 2cm cubes. Place squash, onions and garlic into a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 45mins. Don't worry if the pieces blacken a little, it will add to the flavour.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the vegetables to a latge pan. Make up the stock and pour over the vegetables. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and then simmer (no lid) for 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper along with the curry paste and simmer for 5mins more.
- Puree in batches. NB The soup can be frozen at this stage.
- To serve - add the single cream and heat gently without boiling. Can add plain croutons or serve with mini poppadoms and naans.