Prawn and Coconut Satay Broth
Member recipe by katylampard
Home late to a bare cupboard and a rumbly tummy? This warm and fragrant broth can be whipped up in no time from ingredients you'll already have in your cupboard or freezer.
- 2 strips of medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ red chilli, halved, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 200ml coconut milk
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g cooked king prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- A squeeze of lime juice
- A large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions
- While they are cooking, heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan and briefly fry the garlic and chilli. Stir in the peanut butter and coconut milk to make a loose paste before adding the stock
- Bring to a simmer and add the prawns, spring onion, and soy sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the prawns are heated through, and then add the cooked and drained noodles.
- Return to a simmer and finally add a squeeze of lime juice and the fresh coriander. Serve straight away.