Rose Hip Posset
Member recipe by frenchdiningschool
This is a unique rose hip dessert made up of fresh rose hips, sugar and cream. It can be decorated on top with a rose hip flower. Great dish for September/October. Tastes absolutely tangy and mouth watering delicious.
- 2 kg fresh rose hips (cleaned with seeds removed)
- 200 g sugar
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 1 rose hip flower (optional)
- 100 ml of water
- Place the deseeded clean rosehips in a pan and boil gently in water for 30 minutes to reduce to syrup mix.
- In another pan, place the cream and sugar together and slowly bring to the boil mixing constantly.
- Add the rose hip syrup to the cream and sugar and boil again for 2 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the rose hip posset into 6 serving bowls and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the bowls in the refrigerator to set for at least 5 hours before serving. Decorate with wild rose hip petal if desired.