Member recipe by Oli Wilson-Nunn
Good, tasty and simple. Goes well as a pizza topping or with pasta or whith things like patties.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes(260g drained weight)
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- handful of fresh basily finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan heat up the oil to medium-high, add the onion and saute for 5-6 mins or until tender,after two minutes of cooking the onion add the garlic.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and turn down to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the dried basil, dried oregano and fresh basil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.