Member recipe by amlor2010
- Spaghetti for two â 200g
- A quarter to half a teaspoon of saffron strands
- 200g of peeled cooked prawns (unfrozen)
- 100g of squid sliced unto 1cm rings
- 200ml of thick single cream (or cheap double cream)
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- 1 walnut sized knob of butter
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Quarter tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1tsp of lemon juice
- Good twist of freshly ground white pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley to dress
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the saffron and the spaghetti and follow the manufacturers instructions for cooking time (usually about 12 minutes). After about five minutes put a sauté pan over a low to medium heat and melt the butter and olive oil (the latter will stop the butter burning).
- Add the garlic granules, cayenne pepper and lemon juice and stir. Add the cream and turn up the heat a bit. Stir the cream constantly until it starts to thicken then add the prawns and squid. Cook for a further 2 minutes to let the prawns heat through and cook the squid.
- If you are using raw (grey) prawns add them with the cream. When they are pink they are cooked.
- Season to taste and serve the spaghetti with the sauce in the middle and a sprinkle of parsley. Fresh crusty bread on the side is good with this and a crunchy green salad, with a lemon dressing.