Pike Farci (Stuffed Pike)
Member recipe by mycookingstreet
- Pike, whole with the head on
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cooked carrots
- 3 slices of white bread
- 75g Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- fine chopped dill
- fine chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Black ground pepper
- Clean the pike without damaging skin and cut out all the flesh leaving only skin with the head on. Cut out the eyes and separate flesh from the bones.
- Fine chop onions and fry on the pan until gold. Leave to cool.
- Ground de-boned flesh of the fish with the grinder along with fried onions and cooked carrots.
- Cut the skins of the white bread slices and soak for 20 min in sour cream.
- Add to the mince slices of white bread soaked in sour cream, whisked eggs, fine chopped dills and parsley, season with ground pepper and salt and mix well everything.
- Stuff pike with made mince and close belly.
- Place on the baking tray with some oil and bake in preheated to 160 degrees oven for 50-60 min.
- Serve as a whole. Once dividing in portions cut in a thick slices (like sausage). Very tasty with the horseradish sauce (horseradish mixed with the mayonnaise in the proportion 1:3).