Sausage, Lentil and Rice Bake
Member recipe by pbutter
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Jar Artichoke + Oil
- 4 Sausages cut into pieces
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 100g (approx) Green/Puy Lentils
- 1 Cup Rice
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 500ml (approx) Vegtable Stock
- 1/2 tps Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tps Hot Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat Oven to about 200C. Heat about 2 tbsp of the artichoke oil in a oven proof dish and add the chopped onion. Once onions are soft, add the artichoke (you can chop that into smaller pieces if you wish)
- After a couple of minutes, add the sausages and brown. Meanwhile boil the lentils for approximately 5 mins then drain.
- Add the rice, and stir. Once the rice has been coated in the oil stir in the chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, lentils, cinnamon and chilli powder.
- Next, stir in the veg stock, and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, put lid on dish and place in the oven for about 20mins until all liquid has been soaked up. I would just eat this on its' own or you could serve with a salad.