Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Member recipe by amiralul
- 115g potatoes, diced
- 115g spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-5 carrots
- 2 tablespoon coriander
- 5-6 large chicken breasts fillets
- 50g butter
- 100ml olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 300g mushrooms
- 400g chopped tomatoes (or curry)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 30ml chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Steam boil the potatoes and carrtos, until tender. Put the boiled potatoes in a large bowl the mash them with a fork. Separately, steam boil the mushrooms.
- Stir the spinach into the potato with the beaten egg and coriander. Season to taste.
- Cut the chicken breast almost all the way trough and form a pocket in each. Spoon the filling into the formed pocket and close it up. Use toothpicks to secure the filling inside. Place it in a rasting pan, together with the boiled mushrooms and carrtos, in some olive oil. Dot with butter and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat the tomatoes, garlic and stock chicken in a pan. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Season to taste and stir the coriander.
- Remove the foil from the rasting pan, add the sauce and let it in the oven for additional 15-20 minutes.