Spicy Yoghurt Chicken
Member recipe by poshpause
From the BBC Good Food's "40 best chicken recipes" booklet. Can either be done in the oven, or griddled, or BBQ'd - would taste great whichever way you choose. I served it with a salad and new potatoes, but I can't help thinking it would be fabulous in half a french stick, with salad & mango chutney included!
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 142ml pot natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Make a few slashes in each chicken breast and place into a plastic bag.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bag and seal, then squish to make sure the meat is covered in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins minimum, longer if you have the time.
- Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas6 and roast for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.