Cheese and onion galette
Member recipe by jasmineknowshow
Receipie from Best Magazine, very tastey and worth the little extra work!
- 2 Red Peppers, halves and deseeded
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 375g Packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- Plain flour, to dust
- 300g soft goats cheese
- 1tbsp Thyme leaves
- 1 Egg, beaten
- FOR THE ONION MARMALADE
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Large onions, sliced
- 1tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas 6. Arrage the peppers skin side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, they're ready when they are starting to blacken. Once ready place in sandwhich bag to the side.
- Whilst peppers or roasting make the onion marmalade. Heat the oil over a high heat and then add the onions, fry untill starting to go soft, around 3 minutes. Then add the sugar and vinegar, seasoning with sald and pepper. Cover with a lid and heat untill onions are soft, around 20 minutes.
- Place baking sheet in oven to get it hot. Lightly flour a piece of baking parchment and rool the pastry out into a rectangle (23x33cm). Prick the base with a fork creating a border of about 5cm. Spread the base within the border with the soft goats cheese, scatter of the thyme and spoon the onion marmalade on top. Peel the peppers and cut them into strips before placeing them on the top. Brush the border with the beaten egg.
- Transfer the baking parchment and galette to the baking sheet and bake for 20-25mins.