Member recipe by digate
A Canarian version of Egg Custard, but tastier, richer and thicker.
- 500ml Milk
- 500g Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
- Put all ingredients into a bowl, barring the Carmel sauce.
- Mix well until well blended.
- Pour a little of the caramel sauce into the bottom of a microwave dish, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Pour mixture into a microwave dish.
- Microwave on 580w for 10 minutes.
- Without opening the microwave door, let stand for 10 minutes.
- At this point it should be cooked, if not, cook for a few minutes more.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes or so, it will then be easier to tip from microwave dish.
- Place plate over microwave dish, tip over so that the quesillo falls on plate.
- To serve top with caramel sauce. Alternative toppings can be used, such as freah fruit and cream. The quesillo in the above picture is the large version and you need to double the quantities and cook 0n 580w for 30 minutes and leaving for 10 minutes to stand