Chicken Panang Curry
Member recipe by chiwong
- 160ml of rice
- 250g of quality chicken
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small slices
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp panang curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Half tbsp brown sugar
- 2-4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- Make the rice in a rice cooker or some other method.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok until very hot. Then add the curry paste and fry for 30-45 seconds.
- Carefully add the coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, red pepper and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for a further 8-10 minutes.
- If the curry has reduced down too much and become too thick, salty or concentrated, add water a tablespoon at a time to thin it out.