Member recipe by tartinka
It's a favourite cake my mom. This cake bring to my mind September.
- For cake
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 g butter (cooler and melted)
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- For filling
- 1 kg sour apples (peeled, quarted, cored)
- 175 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp water
- icing sugar ( to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 160C/fan4. In a large bowl mix flour, caster sugar, two eggs and one yolk (leave white), melted and cooled butter, baking powder, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In the pot simmer peleed, quarted and cored apples with water, sugar and cinnamon until it is tender.
- Grease and scatter with flour baking tin (e.g. 25 cm x 25 cm). Pour a half of dough into baking tin and bake 30 minutes.
- Spread the hot cake with egg white. Then pour warm apples on the baked cake and spoon remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until cake will be brown. Cool and scatter with icing powder.