Member recipe by ananomar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion cut in chunks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and whole
- 1 large courgette peeled and diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 handfuls of spinach (optional)
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Water (approximately 1 litre)
- Sea Salt
- In a large pan fry the onion and the garlic with the olive oil.
- Add the remaining vegetables and let it cook for a little bit more stirring and mixing the flavours.
- Add the water (preferably hot) and the parsley.
- Season with salt and let it boil for half an hour.
- Blend the soup until creamy (I use a hand blender for soups).
- Optional: add chopped runner beans and boil the soup for another 15 minutes.
- Serve straight (healthy option) or add grated cheese to impress. Black pepper also goes well.