Crab and Chorizo Linguine
Member recipe by uncle-robbie
- 180 grams linguine (90grams per person)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (I used some lazy chilli this time)
- 2 tsp salt
- 100 grams chorizo, chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 170 gram tin of crab meat
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- Handful of olives, sliced.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic cloves with the salt until it makes a smooth paste. Then add the chopped and seeded chilli and crush again until you have a smooth red-tinged mixture.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and gently cook the chorizo for around 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Drain off the oil and set aside
- Add the crab meat, breaking it up gently with a fork, add the capers, the olives and the chorizo and pour in the oil. Zest the lemon into the mortar and then add the juice. Mix thoroughly with a fork and set aside whilst you cook the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, (normally boiled for about 6-7minutes until there is a slight 'al dente' texture) drain and tip into a warmed serving bowl. Immediately pour over the crab sauce and mix thoroughly.