Member recipe by ellie-bird
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- FOR THE CAKE
- 150g Self-Raising Flour (+ Extra if needed)
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 105g Butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- FOR THE ICING
- Icing Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- Mix flour butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Break the eggs into the mix and mix well. If the mixture is too runny, add extra flour.
- Put cake batter into a loaf tin (greased with sunflower oil) and put in the oven at 170C Fan for 35 minutes.
- Leave the cake out to cool and then tip out of the tin.
- Mix together some icing sugar and lemon juice (squeezed from the lemon) and put on the cake.
- Leave the icing to set. After it has set you can enjoy!