Easy Thai Green Curry
Member recipe by majamcgill
- 500g chicken chunks or Quorn
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 150g green beans
- 100g peas
- 200g mung bean sprouts
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300ml coconut milk (must be good quality)
- 120ml stock
- A few basil leaves (as garnish)
- 100g Thai jasmine rice
- For Curry Paste
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 sliced stalk of lemongrass
- 2 Thai green chillies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- To make sauce, mix all sauce ingredients together in a blender.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to large frying pan then stir-fry chicken/quorn until well saturated with sauce.
- Add stock. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- While curry is simmering, bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Now add 100g Thai jasmine rice and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add 300ml coconut milk and green vegetables to curry. Continue simmering for 4 minutes.
- Add mung bean sprouts and stir for a few minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and simmer 2-3 more minutes. Avoid over-cooking vegetables.
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice and sprinkle with basil.