Member recipe by chiwong
A tasty simple Louisiana Creole dish of Spanish and French influence.
- 400g cooked frozen prawns, defrosted
- 200g diced pancetta
- 30ml cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 350g rissotto rice
- 5-10ml mild chilli powder
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- Fry the pancetta for 2-3 minutes in oil in a large saucepan until crispy. Remove with a draining spoon and set aside.
- Cook the onion and celery for 2-3 minutes in the remaining oil until soft.
- Add the chilli powder and rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, tomatoes and most of the stock then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers. Continue cooking gently for a further 10-15 minutes until the rice is cooked, adding more stock as necessary. Meanwhile, rinse the prawns in cold water and drain.
- Add the prawns and pancetta and heat through gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish and serve with garlic bread and a crisp green salad.