Member recipe by chocolatex
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Bars
These chewy little delights, made quickly in a saucepan will undoubtably become a favorite!
- 200g granulated sugar
- 55g butter
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 2fl oz milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g porridge oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 4 or 5 glacÃÂ© cherries, chopped ( optional)
- 3 or 4 dried apricots, chopped ( optional)
- Grease and line a 7 inch square baking tin.
- Combine the sugar,butter,cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to remove any lumps. Reduce the heat to low and boil gently for 5 mins.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture in to the tin and chill for about an hour in the fridge.
- Cut the hardened mix in to bars and enjoy!