Julia's Raspberry Cheesecake
Member recipe by juliaclaxton
healthy, low calorie, low fat, fresh and tasty raspberry cheesecake
- For the cheese:
- 250g tub of virtually fat free cottage cheese (eg Langley Farm from Asda)
- 500g tub of Total 2% (from Asda - Tesco don't have it - you can use 0% for less calories but not as creamy)
- 28g cornflour
- 2 level tsp Canderel or similar
- 1 sachet Hartley's raspberry sugar free jelly
- 300g fresh raspberries
- For the crumb base:
- 2 McVities Digestive Lights (from new range 'lowest ever saturated fat)
- 4 McVities Rich Tea Lights (from new range 'lowest ever saturated fat)
- 28g Bran Flakes (for the same calories you can have 3 extra rich tea biscuits but not as healthy)
- blend the cottage cheese first until smooth and add the cornflour, the canderel and the Total 2%.
- dissolve the jelly in 100ml boiled water - you can put in microwave for 20 seconds if it stops dissolving. When dissoved add another 50ml cold water.
- pour jelly into cheese mixture and blend carefully - can be splashy
- for the base grind the biscuits and bran flakes and lay in the bottom of the cheesecake dish(es). Press down gently.
- spoon the mixture carefully on top of the biscuits and then gently put on the raspberries pressing each one in slightly. Chill for at least 2 hours preferably overnight.