Member recipe by mr-bean
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Brownies
- 200g (7oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 150g (5oz) light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (4oz) white chocolate, melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3. Grease a 19cm x 23cm (7 1/2in x 9 1/2in) shallow cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- 2. Place the plain chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence, then fold in the flour.
- 3. Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Spoon the melted white chocolate over the mixture. Use a skewer to swirl the white chocolate into the mixture, to create a marbled effect.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 mins until just firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
- Top tip: For a more indulgent pud, serve hot with scoops of ice-cream and warm chocolate fudge sauce. We like English Provender Company's Double Chocolate Fudge Sauce