Smoked Salmon Fettucine
Member recipe by gemmamacphie
- 250g pasta
- For the sauce:
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp tomato puree
- splash of white wine
- 150ml double cream
- 100g smoked salmon (sandwich pack perfect), cut into strips
- freshly grated parmesan, lemon, black pepper to taste
- warm crusty bread and butter to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c and bring large pan of water to the boil.
- Add pasta to pan and cook according to pack instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Finely chop onion (or cheat and blitz in mini processor). Heat oil in non stick pan and cook onion until soft. Add tomato puree and stir in well. Add wine and reduce until almost gone. Add cream, bring to simmer then remove from heat.
- When pasta is ready, pour into colander and then quickly back into pan so a little water is retained. Add the sauce, the salmon, a handful of parmesan, lemon and black pepper to taste. Give a good toss together and serve with crusty bread and butter.
- This is one of my favourite back up recipes. The thinly sliced smoked salmon freezes and defrosts in minutes so with a pot of longlife elmlea in the fridge, you can knock this one up without any prior planning. Enjoy and ignore the calorific content - its all about a balanced diet, you can have salad tomorrow x