Pepperoni & Parmesan Rigatoni.
Member recipe by stfrancis
A quick, tasty, budget-friendly dish that is perfect after work or for a casual lunch with friends.
- 250g Rigatoni (or any pasta shapes. Tagliatelli also works).
- 8 large slices of pepperoni (available ready sliced in supermarket chilled meat sections)
- 40g of frehly grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pan of salted water and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, when the pasta is almost cooked, grind some pepper into a frying pan (according to to taste), tear the pepperoni into large pieces and dry fry everything in the pan until the oil runs from the pepperoni (about 2 mins).
- Drain the pasta and add some of it to the frying pan. Stir to coat in the flavoured oil and pepperoni, then transfer everything into the pasta pan. Sir well.
- Make sure everything is piping hot, then turn off the heat.
- Stir in half of the parmesan and the two beaten eggs. The eggs should cook from the heat of the pasta but not scramble.
- Place into warmed bowls and spinkle the rest of the parmesan on top.