Best Ever Cranberry Sauce
Member recipe by leonam00
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Batch
Once tried you will never go back to shop bought sauce, this is so simple. Every now have to make double quantities as my friends just gobble it up
- 1 punnet cranberries, washed
- 2 tbsps orange juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 cinammon sticks
- dash of port
- Wash the cranberries. Tip them into a saucepan with all the other ingredients and keep on a low heat.
- Keep an eye on and stir regularly.
- Once all ingredients are melted and blended, taste (remember it may be a little hot), and if you feel more sugar needed add a tiny bit at a time. Remember, cranberry sauce should not be too sweet, it should have a bite to it.
- After about 20/25 mins the sauce should be ready, the cranberris should be soft but some should still holding their shape.
- Leave to cool until ready to use. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks (mine never gets anywhere near lasting that long)