Member recipe by magicgirl123
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Sandwiches
These tuna toasties are a warming comfort on a cold afternoon. You can even create your own variations with your own ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 1 onion, red or white, chopped
- 50g grated cheese (for the variation)
- margarine (for spreading)
- 10 slices of bread, any
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onions until slightly golden.
- Break up the tuna in a bowl and stir into the onions.
- Saute the onions and tuna together for ten minutes. Make sure to stir so that the ingredients don't burn.
- Meanwhile toast the bread and spread with margarine.
- Divide the tuna mixture onto five pieces of toast and place the remaining five slices of toast on top.
- Cut in half and serve with a green salad.
- For the variation add the grated cheese at step 3 and allow to melt. Then continue the steps, this will give you tuna melts.