Member recipe by elaineoconnell
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 450g / 1lb Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 dessertspoons Sugar
- 50g/2oz Margarine or Butter
- 125g/4oz Sultanas or Raisins
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 300ml / 1/4pt Milk
- Preheat oven to 200ÃÂ°C/400ÃÂ°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with flour.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Rub the margarine or butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sultanas or raisins and mix through.
- Finally, add the egg and sufficient milk to make a soft dough, not too wet or sticky! Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead, just enough to bring the dough together.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray and shape into a round 1 1/2Ã¢ÂÂ deep. Cut a cross on top and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.