Pineapple yoghurt dessert
Member recipe by lizzyh
An easy dessert my Greek mother-in-law showed me. Very refreshing on a hot summer's day.
- 1 x 220g tin of pineapple (chunks or rings) in own juice
- 1 x 135g of tablet pineapple jelly
- 1 x 500g tub of Greek yoghurt (for best results use genuine greek yoghurt, not "greek style".)
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces. Reserve the juice - you'll need it later.
- Melt the jelly cubes by placing the cubes in a microwaveable jug with 100ml of cold water. Heat for approx 1 min (based on 750 watt oven).
- Add the juice from the tinned pineapple to the melted jelly. Add water if needed to make the liquid content up to 200ml.
- Pour the yoghurt in a bowl and add the melted jelly mixture bit by bit until all combined together.
- Pour the jelly and yoghurt mixture into a shallow dish so that the liquid is about 10cm deep or thereabouts.
- Add the chopped up pineapple to the mixture and spread around so that its distributed evenly.
- Cover in clingfilm, place in the fridge and leave to set.
- You could try different fruit with this recipe - just be careful not to use fresh pineapple, kiwi or papaya fruit because it stops the jelly setting.