Dairy Free Chocolate Tart
Member recipe by leachsmythe
- For Pastry Base
- 90g Plain Flour
- 20g Icing Sugar
- 40g Dairy Free Margarine
- 1/2 Egg Yolk, keep rest for tart filling
- For Filling
- 70g Dairy Free Margarine
- 85g Dairy Free Chocolate ( Kinnertons)
- 2 Eggs plus extra white from pastry base recipe
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 30g Plain Flour
- Pre heat Oven 180/160 fan and place a baking tray in to heat
- Make the pastry by adding all the ingredients to a food processor and pulsing it until the dough forms.The dough is quite soft.
- Place dough into a sandwich bag and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest
- Place the margarine and chocolate in a glass, heat proof bowl and place this over a pan of simmering water. Do not let it touch the water. Allow to slowly melt, stirring.
- Set aside 1 Tsp of egg white. In another heat proof bowl, place the eggs and sugar into it and set it over a pan of simmering water and whisk until it makes a trail. Take off the heat.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and add the flour. Whisk gently until the mixture is thick and glossy Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and place in an oiled 8 inch, round pie tin. This pastry is delicious but very soft so i advise using quite a lot of flour when rolling out and try not to let it get warm.
- Prick the base and brush the base with the reserved egg white and place on the heated baking tray in the oven. Bake for 15-20mins till golden. Remove from oven.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the pastry base and place back in the oven for 20 minutes. The chocolate mix should still be slightly soft in the middle.
- Serve warm or cold cut into slices.