White Wine & Mushroom Chicken
Member recipe by conal001
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200g button mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 200g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat 1 tbsp oil in a high sided pan. Cook the shallots and garlic over a medium heat until they have become soft but not brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the lemon and white wine and turn up the heat. Simmer until the white wine has reduced by half.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the cream fraiche and thyme.
- Add the remaining oil to a shallow pan on a high heat. Score the chicken breasts and cook until browned on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking tray and pour over the mushroom sauce. Cook for approximately 30mins at 200C/ fan 180C or until chicken is cooked through.