my very own special cake!
Member recipe by leilz100
a really yummy, lovely little cake which even the stoneist of hearts will find difficult to resist
- 225g good quality plain chocolate (Green & Blacks works well)
- 175g unsalted butter (softened)
- 225g castor sugar
- 250g self raising flour
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1-2 tubes of smarties
- rub the butter and flour together with your fingers and thumbs in a bowl untl it looks like breadcrumbs.
- break up the chocolate into little sqaures and add them to the bowl along with the sugar and the smarties. Then start mixing
- as you are mixing gradually add the beaten eggs and then continue mixing
- pour the mixture into a cake tin greased with butter
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes and leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack