Member recipe by steved3v
- 800/1000grams of lean beef mince (the best you can get)
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon (the best you can get)
- 800g of chopped tomatoes (2 400g tins)
- 1litre of passatta
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed/chopped
- 2 celery sticks thinly chopped
- 1 carrot chopped then diced
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 50-100g tomato puree
- serving of spaghetti to suit
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- small amount of mixed herbs
- cheese of your own choice
- heat 1tbsp of olive oil in large pot,brown off 800/1000g of lean beef mince,season with black pepper and salt,add a glass of red wine and simmer off.
- add the chopped onion,bacon and garlic to brown off.
- add the chopped tomatoes and stir in,add the passata and stir in well.leave to simmer for 10 mins before adding 50-100g of tomato puree.
- leave to simmer for a further 50mins to leave mince and bacon nice and tender.
- boil spaghetti or pasta of choice as desired,place on plate/in pasta bowl and serve bolgnese on top,grate desired cheese on top and serve.