Chicken w/ Boursin & Parma Ham
Member recipe by summerberries
Gorgeous - NOT MY RECIPE, its from the website dinnerathome.co.uk, so its to their credit! I cooked it for my first dinner party age 25, made it with new potatoes, garlic carrots and hot bread with garlic butter and there was nothing left at the end!
- * 4 skinless chicken breasts
- * 1 packet of Boursin (garlic cheese)
- (If you want to be boring, you can use Philadelphia but it
- kind of defeats the point)
- * 8 slices of Parma Ham (or streaky bacon)
- * A large glass of white wine
- * 250 ml of chicken stock
- * Olive oil
- Slice through the chicken breast but not quite right through and stuff each one with some Boursin. Try to reclose the chicken breast so that the cheese won't spill out.
- Lie two slices of Parma Ham next to each other and then lie the stuffed chicken breast on it and wrap it up nice and tight.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan and fry the wrapped chicken on both sides for around 2/3 minutes each side. You just want to brown the Parma Ham.
- Pop into an oven proof open dish (which can be put on the hob later) then splash the wine in to the frying pan to deglaze any juices and then tip over the chicken and pop in the oven. This will need cooking for around 20 minutes When cooked, transfer the chicken to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Put the oven proof dish on the hob (don't worry if some Boursin has spilled out!) and add the stock. Bubble away for 5 mins until reduced to half, add a tablespoon of Boursin, mix in and then pour over the chicken.
- Best served with mash and baby veg! Enjoy!