Indian Jeera Pulao
Member recipe by shimpipoonam
Indian Jeera rice prepared as pulao (so little bit different than Indian jeera rice).
- Indian Basmati rice 2 cups
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Cloves 2
- Cashew Nuts 2
- Green Peas
- Sunflower oil 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice well before cooking. Add 3-3/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start spluttering, add turmeric powder and cloves.
- Add rice, green Peas and salt & mix well. Add Cashew nuts once rice is mixed well.
- Cook it in pressure cooker (wait for 1-2 whistles and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking