Member recipe by cheryl
a salad that even salad haters will love! serves 2 as a side or 1 as a main.
- 1 wholewheat pitta bread toasted
- 1/4 cucumber (deseeded optional) diced
- 1 tomato (deseeded optional) diced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 1 tin of tuna drained
- 6tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs lemon juice
- small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 1tsp crushed sumac berries (optional)
- 1/2tsp dried red chillies crushed (optional)
- in a large bowl mix together the oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- add the diced cucumber, tomato and spring onion and mix to combine.
- then add the parsley, tuna and chilli and give a good stir.
- chop the toasted pitta into triangles or chunks add these to the tuna mixture.
- finally add a good pinch of sea salt and sprinkle over the crushed sumac.
- Great served as a side at a bbq or just eat it all to yourself (as i do) for lunch.
- omit the tuna and add a small bunch chopped mint for a more basic side salad that will go with most dishes - enjoy -
- this is a salad that even salad haters will love - i promise-