Easy Student Mince Crumble
Member recipe by squaccy
Another Squaccy's Student Recipes using mince, gravy and veggies under a savoury crumble topping.
- FOR THE MIDDLE:
- Beef or Lamb Mince. Students will probably use beef as its cheaper!
- 1-2 Handfuls of Mixed Frozen Veg
- 2 Beef oxo cubes
- 1 pint of water
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, mixed herbs)
- Lea perrins sauce
- OPTIONAL: Branston Pickle.
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g butter
- 30g Cheese
- Pre Heat the oven to 180c. Cook your mince until brown. Drain away the fat and put into a deep pie/pudding oven proof dish. Mix in the frozen veg, crumble the oxo cubes over the mixture then add the water, lea perrins sauce and seasoning. Mix well.
- Then make the topping. Put the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together to look like breadcrumbs. If it sticks too much add a bit more flour. When you have the breadcrumb like mixture, stir in the cheese
- Put the topping carefully on top of your mince mixture and bake in the oven for about 30 mins or until the top is golden and crunchy.
- best served on a salad bed or with Easy Student Potato Wedges.